Barney McGlade (Philippines):
• CBM SEAPRO/ASE Regional Adviser on CBR and DID. Roles include:
o Advise and support SEAPRO (including country offices) in the implementation of the CBR guidelines leading to inclusion.
o Provide technical advice to SEAPRO and support partners in developing strategies to incorporate inclusion into their entire work, including disaster response risk reduction management. Promote UNCRPD, CBR guidelines, MDGs, as simple key messages and how they all link together right up to grassroots level.
o Advocacy and Alliances: promote inclusion, rights, participation, equality for all, among key stakeholders
o Training and Capacity Building
• Managing and facilitating trainers’ training and staff development
• Trainer, facilitator and designer of training programmes: inclusive development, CBR strategies and principles, rights, networking, disability and impairment, rehabilitation services, personal and organizational development, strategic planning and evaluation, appreciative inquiry, advocacy, rights and community education. Mentoring and monitoring work.
• Previously, CBM SEAPRO Philippine Country Coordinator for CBR (community based rehabilitation: – a development approach to ensure that everyone, especially persons with disabilities, is included in society.
• This work involves co-ordinating and managing country office responsible for supporting Philippine partner projects in their work; co-ordinating closely with Government, Local Government, Civil Society, People’s Organizations, Church and Faith Based groups, Communities
• Team leader on assessment, preparation and delivery of individual and community rehabilitation plans with people with disabilities, their families and communities
• Member of CBM International’s advisory working group on CBR
• Founding, developing and managing an organization (KASAMAKA CBR Foundation, Philippines), founded 1989 alongside the Society of St. Columban:
• M.Ed in Special Education (University of Manchester);
• Graduate of U.C.C. and Belmont Park Hospital, Waterford as a clinical/community psychologist
• Child care worker
• Co-editing and co-writing the Philippine CBR Manual: an inclusive development approach